Current location of Tampere hackerspace 5w premises is Peltokatu, Tammela, Tampere, about 100 meters north-east from railway station. Rental deal of hackerspace premises for first four months was made during 2011-02 and full access to space was realized on 2011-03-01.
In case you are interested but not yet member, visitors are welcome to check things out on every Tuesday, during community meeting or after it. For details of how to arrive, ask some member for example on IRC.
Active members (those that are paying hackerspace user fee) are granted access to hackerspace premises 24/7. After paying hackerspace use fee, one gets telephone number for opening main entrance door of facility, and code for opening door of hackerspace premises within.
Dimensions of our space are approximately 4.8 × 5 × 8 meters (height × width × length). For extra space we have built second floor, which covers about half of main floor area.
- Toilets available within facility
- Small kitchen available in facility. Equipped with sink, refrigerator, freezer, microwave oven and even ice cube dispenser :)
- Rack servers (some of which have no designated use so far)
- Storage and desk space for working on personal or collective projects
- Soldering stations, multimeters, oscilloscope and other necessary electronic hobbyist equipment
- Fairly good collection of tools
- Small drill-press, scroll saw, pistol-grip drill, other power tools
- Large CNC milling machine, MIG welder, compressed air, other heavy machinery available
- Designated hot work area in future (owner of facility is looking for constructing it)
- Various materials available, planks of wood, boards of wood, sheets of metal, screws and such, also (plenty of) various sorts of abandoned equipment and devices that we may get to use
- Main entrance of facility has electronic lock. Access is granted by voice telephone call subscriber-A number matching number stored in whitelist database
- Facility has shared network uplink (100 megabits per second) available through Ethernet
- Premises have (5w-maintained) and facility has (owner-maintained) video surveillance system
This post is also available in: Finnish